LACK OF FOOD ACCESS is a leading underlying cause of child trafficking.
Eradicating hunger helps curb CHILD TRAFFICKING!
• Over 6 million children in the U.S. are food insecure
• Hunger leads families to desperation that traffickers exploit
• SNAP provides an average of $1.40 per meal per person
• Teens often skip meals so younger siblings can eat
• Ensuing desperation drives hungry teens to steal food
• Subsequent criminal record can be a barrier to future employment opportunities
• 65% of trafficked youth resorted to “survival sex” in exchange for food or money to purchase food for themselves & their siblings.
bKind matches donations to expand food access programs in shelters & low-income housing for survivors of trafficking