On December 18th, 2020 we will distribute over 4,000 holiday gifts for children whose parents lost their jobs due to the shutdown.
YOU CAN HELP CHILDREN in need THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!
· A donation in ANY amount will have an impact
· 100% of proceeds are allocated to purchase gifts for youth
· Gift Cards in any amount will help a family with kids
· Photos and Thank you notes will be shared with donors from the lives you have touched
Children in low-income communities have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 financially, academically, mentally, & physically. Please contact us at any time for additional details!
Our Youth CitiBike Kids4aCause Club is sponsoring team rides from October 22nd- November 22nd to raise funds to purchase & distribute Thanksgiving meals in their community.
Food insecurity this holiday season is exacerbated due to the pandemic. YOU can support our youth dedicating their time and hearts to serve neighbors suffering from hunger!
All donations to our Thanksgiving RIDE 4 Food DRIVE will purchase Thanksgiving dinner for individuals and families who have been disproportionately impacted dur to abrupt job loss since March 2020.
Your tax-deductible donation will have a tremendous impact on someone who will not otherwise have Thanksgiving Dinner.
JOIN US IN CELEBRATING THE JOY OF GIVING TO OTHERS IN TIMES NEED. We are grateful for your support!
PURPOSE: Provide underserved youth in NYCHA/low-income housing with a Cycling Adventure Club that combines:
· Health, fitness, and safety
· Exploration of New York City’s rich cultural heritage
· Service-Learning Programs that celebrate culture, diversity; and the importance of giving back to the community to improve our neighborhoods
· Improve overall wellbeing, fitness, confidence, and sense of belonging
· Empower youth to be owners and creators of their own future and our collective future
· Foster appreciation, compassion, and kindness to self and others via community service
· Design lessons that expand learning and enrichment.
· Create a network of mentors and role models for youth and families.
· Recognize the importance of collaboration with local businesses, civic leaders, mentors, and volunteers in promoting learning and appreciation for community
EDUCATION, LEADERSHIP, AND INITIATIVE:
Aside from the more obvious wellness benefit of ensuring our youth have access to regular, safe, liberating cycling groups, the foundation of this program incorporates the development of critical life skills to assure these kids realize their unlimited potential and impact they can have on society
Each trip will include an entrepreneurial component that incorporates problem solving, creative thinking, business development, economics, math, writing; creating a vision, and having the determination to collaborate and follow it through.