bKind ROAR as One:
WHERE: SDR park, North of Broome St.@ bike polo court
WHEN: Saturday, May 28th ….12:00 – 5:00 pm
WHAT: Protect Yourself! FREE Gift bags, Acupressure + more!
· Native New Yorker & martial arts instructor trained in Judo & Tae Kwon Do
· Inspired by it’s practical nature, began training in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (San Francisco 1999)
· Has a background in science & technology; enjoys food, travel, photography & the outdoors. In 2010,
· Opened a dojo (martial training hall) where students train to grow stronger in body, mind, & spirit.
Influential activist & leader in the AAPI Community through Coalition of Asian Pacific Americans
- Assistant Chief Investigator: NYS Comptroller’s Office
- Chief Investigator for the NYC Council’s Finance Committee
- Chief Investigator in the NYC Department Investigation’s Inspector General’s Office
- Employee Excellence recognition from NYS Comptroller's Office
- Investigations Award for Excellence on Integrity and Efficiency: Council of Inspectors General
- Yielded numerous arrests & recovery of millions of dollars
- B.S. & M.A. Criminal Justice: John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- 2nd Degree Black Belt: Nabi Su Martial Arts (incl Tai Chi & Kung Fu)
- Previously trained in Vee Arnis Jitsu & Kansai Self Defense
· Pivotal in worldwide efforts to combat corruption for over 40 yrs in more than 75 countries
· Commissioner of DOI established the “Vincent Green Award for Outstanding Strategic Initiatives”
· Achieved the position of Deputy Commissioner; NYC Department of Investigation (DOI)
· Spearheaded investigation unveiling largest tax fraud scheme in NYC history recovering $20 million
· Uncovered multimillion-dollar tax fraud scheme in play for thirty-five years with FBI & US Attorney’s Office
Renowned author of over 50 books (Incl: Corruption in the Twenty-First Century & Who Rigged the Bids?
· Over 30 years specializing in Reality Based Street Self-Defense & Fitness
· His VAJ: Vee Arnis JuJitsu system is constantly updating to meet the real-life challenges people face
"It offers more than most fighting systems," says Professor James, "because it is practical in real-life situations, quick to learn, and easy to apply." Professor James would like to change the general perception of martial arts from a kid's fantasy to a practical form of self-protection for everyone.
DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION (DEA), U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
· Leverages sharp leadership & analytical skills to overcome challenges in crisis-dominated situations
· Orchestrated programs for judges, prosecutors & law enforcement in ASEAN (Assoc. SE Asian Nations)
· Spearheaded global investigative strategies to combat illicit narcotics and prescription narcotics
· Developed critical infrastructure for foreign counterparts in Thailand and Cambodia
"Nixon Frederick is well respected by his foreign & US counterparts...able to apply his diplomatic skills to difficult, sensitive issues in a manner that allows him to accomplish his objectives while enhancing critical relationships" - DEA Regional Director