The Kids’ CitiBike Health Club is sponsoring team rides from October 22nd- November 22nd to raise funds for Thanksgiving meals being delivered to those experiencing hunger.
Food insecurity this holiday season is exacerbated due to the pandemic. YOU can support our youth in helping their local community by contributing to our Thanksgiving Bike-a-thon.
All donations will purchase Thanksgiving dinner for individuals and families in need.
Your tax-deductible donation will make a difference for someone experiencing hunger.
JOIN US IN CELEBRATING THE JOY OF GIVING TO OTHERS IN TIMES NEED. Your tax-deductible donation will make a difference for someone experiencing hunger. We are grateful for your support!
PURPOSE: Provide underserved youth in NYCHA/low-income housing with a Cycling Adventure Club that combines:
· Health, fitness, and safety
· Exploration of New York City’s rich cultural heritage
· Service-Learning Programs that celebrate culture, diversity; and the importance of giving back to the community to improve our neighborhoods
· Improve overall wellbeing, fitness, confidence, and sense of belonging
· Empower youth to be owners and creators of their own future and our collective future
· Foster appreciation, compassion, and kindness to self and others via community service
· Design lessons that expand learning and enrichment.
· Create a network of mentors and role models for youth and families.
· Recognize the importance of collaboration with local businesses, civic leaders, mentors, and volunteers in promoting learning and appreciation for community
EDUCATION, LEADERSHIP, AND INITIATIVE:
Aside from the more obvious wellness benefit of ensuring our youth have access to regular, safe, liberating cycling groups, the foundation of this program incorporates the development of critical life skills to assure these kids realize their unlimited potential and impact they can have on society
Each trip will include an entrepreneurial component that incorporates problem solving, creative thinking, business development, economics, math, writing; creating a vision, and having the determination to collaborate and follow it through.