Rejuvenating Spring Alternate Nostril Breathing!
Only by letting go of judgement can we create space for all the goodness and opportunities the new year has to offer us.
BENEFITS OF CORPORATE YOGA:
For the Organization:
For the Team Members (staff):
YOGA helps athletes:
· CHANGE DIRECTION more effectively: By increasing mobility of the hips, Yoga makes a significant difference when players need to rapidly pivot, jab step, or change direction.
· BE LIGHTER on the feet: A lighter step on the court confers two benefits: you move and react more quickly, and you put less stress on your knees and other joints
· Become Less susceptible to injury: Yoga helps strengthen all of the small, stabilizing muscles that tend to be overlooked and are vital in protecting joints and spine (among other things).Yoga makes tissues less prone to tears & damage.
· Control emotions: Controlled, quality breaths helps reaction to worries, the referee’s call against you, or your shot that landed off the rim.
· Increase height: Certain poses elongate the spine & create space between vertebrae.
· Improve Core & Balance: stretching, strengthening & mobility of muscles
· Enhance breath control and spatial awareness
Pro-Athletes who use Yoga as an essential part of regular training & performance
· LeBron James
· Joe Johnson
· Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
“Practicing mindfulness has social, emotional and academic benefits and we are advancing equity by bringing these practices into more school communities.”
NYC Department of Education Chancellor Carranza
Abundant research confirming the benefits of yoga on inner city youth, led the DOE to:
· Hire a “Director of Mindfullness” to expand yoga in schools($200,000 salary)
· Implement 200hr yoga training certifying staff to incorporate yoga in the classroom
Yoga programs for youth help:
· Lower the national dropout rate (up to 50% in inner city schools)
· Alter the “school-to-prison pipeline”
· Improve academic performance (2015 report in Developmental Psychology)
Yoga for the Econmic Development Program Creates a foundation for success in business
Benefits of Corporate yoga:
· Reduces stress, fatigue, anxiety & depression
· Increases energy & has powerful mood boosting effects
· Improves memory, focus & concentration
· Strengthens muscles & alleviates common pain from repetitive movements
· Improves overall health & reduces risk for diseases, including cancer
· Promotes team spirit & morale
Leading organizations that have reaped the benefits of implementing yoga in the workplace:
· Pro sports teams
· Chase Manhattan Bank